Director of Music Admissions
Reception - Admissions Assistant
Mailing Address and Phone
Shepherd School of Music
Rice University – MS 532
P.O. Box 1892
Houston, TX 77251-1892
You must register at the Shepherd School office prior to university registration. (Associate Dean's signature is required.) Private lessons are taught by graduate students. An applied music fee of $400 per semester will be billed to your ESTHER account for these lessons. Voice lessons are taught by a faculty member and are charged at a higher rate.
2. *APPLIED STUDIES IN JAZZ IMPROVISATION (MUSI 345), 2 credits
You must register at the Shepherd School office prior to university registration. (Associate Dean's signature is required.) An applied music fee of $400 per semester will be charged for private lessons.
3. RICE CHORALE (MUSI 335), 1 credit
Rice Chorale is a choral ensemble of moderate size, which performs a minimum of once a semester and is conducted by Thomas Jaber. The Chorale meets MW from 4:00-5:30 pm. Email email@example.com or call 713-348-2336 for more information.
4. CAMPANILE ORCHESTRA (MUSI 334), 1 credit
The Campanile Orchestra is a symphony orchestra that plays works from the standard literature and meets on Saturday from 10:00 am-1:00 pm. Generally one concert a semester is performed and conducted by Thomas Hong. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. FUNDAMENTALS OF MUSIC (MUSI 117), 3 credits, section 1 meets on MWF from 9:00-9:50 am or section 2 meets on MWF from 1:00-1:50 pm or section 3 meets on MWF 10:00-10:50.
6. SURVEY OF WORLD MUSIC (MUSI 220), 3 credits, meets TR from 9:25-10:40.
7. THEORY FOR NON-MAJORS I (MUSI 317), 3 credits, section 1 meets MWF from 9:00-9:50 am or
section 2 meets on MWF from 1:00-1:50pm or section 3 meets TR 9:25-10:40.
8. BASIC ELECTRONIC MUSIC (MUSI 403), 3 credits, meets MWF from 10:00-10:50 am.
*Must register BY the first week of classes. First Come, First Served*