You must register at the Shepherd School office prior to university registration. (Associate Dean's signature is required.) Private lessons are taught by graduate students. An applied music fee of $400 per semester will be billed to your ESTHER account for these lessons. Voice lessons are taught by a faculty member and are charged at a higher rate.
2. *APPLIED STUDIES IN JAZZ IMPROVISATION (MUSI 345), 2 credits
You must register at the Shepherd School office prior to university registration. (Associate Dean's signature is required.) An applied music fee of $400 per semester will be charged for private lessons.
3. RICE CHORALE (MUSI 335), 1 credit
Rice Chorale is a choral ensemble of moderate size, which performs a minimum of once a semester and is conducted by Thomas Jaber. The Chorale meets MW from 4:00-5:30 pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-348-2336 for more information.
4. CAMPANILE ORCHESTRA (MUSI 334), 1 credit
The Campanile Orchestra is a symphony orchestra that plays works from the standard literature and meets on Saturday from 10:00 am-1:00 pm. Generally one concert a semester is performed. Email email@example.com for more information.
5. FUNDAMENTALS OF MUSIC (MUSI 117), 3 credits, section 1 meets MWF 9:00-9:50 am
or section 2 meets MWF from 1:00-1:50 pm or section 3 meets MWF 10:00-10:50 am.
6. INTRODUCTION TO CHINESE MUSIC (MUSI 119), 3 credits, meets MWF 10:00-10:50 am.
7. COMPOSITION FOR NON-MAJORS (MUSI 307), 3 credits, meets MWF 1:00-1:50 pm.
8. THEORY FOR NON-MAJORS I (MUSI 317), 3 credits, section 1 meets MWF 9:00-9:50 am
or section 2 meets TR 1:00-2:20 pm.
9. MUSIC LITERATURE FOR NON-MAJORS (MUSI 327), 3 credits, meets TR 10:50 am-12:05 pm.
10. BASIC ELECTRONIC MUSIC (MUSI 403), 3 credits, meets MWF from 1:00-1:50 pm.
*Must register BY the first week of classes. First Come, First Served*