You must register at the Shepherd School office prior to university registration. (Associate Dean's signature is required.) Private lessons are taught by graduate students. An applied music fee of $400 per semester will be billed to your ESTHER account for these lessons. Voice lessons are taught by a faculty member and are charged at a higher rate.
2. RICE CHORALE (MUSI 335), 1 credit Rice Chorale is a choral ensemble of moderate size, which performs a minimum of once a semester and is conducted by Thomas Jaber. The Chorale meets MW from 4:00-5:30 pm. Email email@example.com or call 713-348-2336 for more information.
3. CAMPANILE ORCHESTRA (MUSI 334), 1 credit The Campanile Orchestra is a symphony orchestra made up of talented non-music majors and members of the greater Rice community who wish to continue their orchestral activities. The group plays works from the standard literature and meets on Saturday from 10:00 am-1:00 pm. The orchestra performs three concerts per academic year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. FUNDAMENTALS OF MUSIC (MUSI 117), 3 credits, section 1 meets MWF 9:00-9:50 am or section 2 meets TR from 10:50 am – 12:05 pm or section 3 meets MWF 1:00-1:50 am.
5. UNITY AND VARIETY IN MUSIC (MUSI 240), 3 credits, meets TR 9:25-10:40 am.
6. THEORY FOR NON-MAJORS I (MUSI 317), 3 credits, section 1 meets MWF 10:00-10:50 am or section 2 meets TR 1:00-2:20 pm.
7. THEORY FOR NON-MAJORS II (MUSI 318), 3 credits, meets MWF 9:00-9:50 am.
8. ELECTRONIC MUSIC COMPOSITION (MUSI 404), 3 credits, meets MWF from 1:00-1:50 pm.
*Must register BY the first week of classes. First Come, First Served*